Knowing your Medicines provides inner and outer resources for physical, spiritual, mental and emotional well-being. An amazing abundance of Medicine is available to us in every moment of every day. Have you ever considered that this planet is a Medicine planet? Let's explore this topic, look at what some of the Medicines are, as well as how to intuit and connect energetically and physically with Medicine that would be beneficial to you right now. I'll also share how I personally use this process in my life and healing work with clients.
Medicine with a capital 'M', refers to everything that truly supports, nurtures and heals. Our Earthly existence is infused with it on every level. One reason I want to talk about this, and invite you to think about and actively retrieve your medicines, is because it empowers you in your own well-being. This is a process you can use everyday and call on between visits to your healer, intuitive, therapist..etc.
This process begins first with an awareness of all the Medicines already at work in your life.
Medicine can be many things! It is the oxygen we receive from the trees, the waters, the sunlight, the rain, the moon, the color all around us, the herbs, scents, medicine plants, food, breath, meditation, dance, movement, music, poetry, art, creativity, sound healing, sacred geometry, chanting, mudras, yoga, hiking, traveling, dreaming, journaling, hugging, talking, connection with friends, our pets...etc. What Medicines do you already utilize consciously and unconsciously?
We live IN Medicine.
When I bring my awareness to this truth, I feel so deeply grateful for the Medicines all around me and this incredible Earth in which I am a connected living breathing physical part. Most of us are receiving an abundance of Medicine every day.
What Medicine would be useful for you right now?
Whether you'd like to nurture a certain quality, work towards a personal goal, heal an issue or physical challenge, experience more balance or anything else, connecting with the right Medicine can assist you. Sometimes it takes a little experimentation to find it. That's ok. Just keep paying attention to what works well for you. Think about what may have helped in the past. Maybe, for instance, you used to meditate more regularly and go to yoga twice a week, and you remember how good that felt and the well-being it brought. As you engage in this process you empower yourself, strengthen your relationship with your resources, and expand your apothecary. Sometimes seeking a professional/practitioners help is just what we need. It's also beneficial to do your own research as well. Consider the Medicine retrieval below, as the intuitive side of your own research.
If you're not sure what medicine you need, or want to engage in a deeper intuitive process to gain additional information and guidance, this is a process you can use. People often ask what type of energy medicine I do, and this is a part of it. I retrieve and channel Medicine for people. I see and feel what's going on in the client's system physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, and bring through energy medicine, guidance and suggestions that support.
The process tends to look something like this:
I ask for what would help the client with this certain something that's presented itself. Holding that prayerfully, I listen, observe, watch, feel, assist with what is coming through for them, and gather intuitive guidance. This has looked like a variety of things, all of which support my intention of benefiting the client's highest well-being on all levels: sacred geometric forms, etheric plant medicines, colors, imagery, psychic surgery, the elements, angels, loved ones on the other side, specific affirmations, and guidance.
Use this process to receive a Medicine for yourself today:
1) What is the issue? What is already known about it? (ie..you know you tend to get ungrounded and sitting outside by a tree helps.) What is the desired outcome?
2) Can you locate it in a certain area of your body? Are there any body sensations as you think about this issue?
3) Deep Listening- Go into the sensation. What are it's qualities, it's essence? (i.e...constriction?, tension, confusion, scattered, cold, hot, rough, empty, dense, prickly, colorless..etc)
4) Send Love, Prayerfully ask What heals this? What's the antidote? It might help to ask, what's the opposite? Bring your awareness to your higher Self, Source, Spirit, or Guide, and ask again, what would heal this? or What would you suggest or offer as beneficial right now? You can ask more specifically, such as: what color would assist this area of my body? What shape would help me feel more centered? Is there something I need to eliminate from my life, or add? What herb might be beneficial (you can receive that energetically and then research actual physical intake or application)? You can also ask for a Guide, Healer Being, Ascended Master...etc who would be of most assistance and see who comes.
5) Notice what you might feel, see, intuit, know, and instinctually sense. Notice if just your inquiry has brought any shift to what you're giving attention to.
6) Integration- Receive what was given. Breathe it in, feel it in your body and energy field. How can you take what you've received into your life? Are there action steps to take that would integrate this further? How can you bring this into the physical world (i.e....go get that flower essence, wear that color..etc)
EXAMPLE: Here's a personal example from my own life. I recently became aware of 2 polarities within me that needed to be synthesized. As I sat in meditation with this, praying for what would heal this, I saw each polarity represented within my energy system. One was along the right side of my spine and presented itself as black circles up that right side of my spine. The other presented itself as white circles up the left side of my spine. The healing energy came as a synthesis, a blending into gray up the center of my spine. This felt wonderful. Each energy had it's place and contribution to the synthesis. I felt more whole, more grounded, peaceful, clear about this issue, and tangible full bodied sense of renewed confidence.
Remember that we all also carry Medicine. So honor your particular strengths, abilities and presence! What are your Medicine gifts? Perhaps you bring calm, joy, or comfort to those around you. Maybe you're a kick-ass yoga instructor, gifted artist, wonderful mother, supportive co-worker, or heart centered leader. You have a unique energy signature, and this is also your Medicine...just being you.
As you move through your day today, recognize all the medicines around you. Find it wherever you are. Even if you're in a corporate office cubical, the Medicine is there, perhaps in the photo of your loved one on your desk, the plant in the corner, the essential oil in your purse, or a coworkers smile. Notice how it feels to be in the awareness that Medicine is everywhere.